Welcome to the Purplemeanie build blog of our Caterham 420R. We hope you enjoy our trials and tribulations during and after the build. Please leave us a comment and tell us what you think.
Where to Start
For more reading…
- If you want join us on the journey from the beginning then take a look at this post: Build Blog Index
- If you’d like to see a bit about us then please take a look at our About page.
- If you just want to skip to the latest news then take a look at the Blog.
- We’ve also put a Gallery together if that’s your thing.
- If videos are your thing then take a look at what we’ve posted to YouTube: YouTube Videos
- If my ramblings aren’t enough for you then you can find a whole different bunch of other blogs in this post here.
- … and some might like to jump to my tools and trinkets here.
This one’s as much a note for me so I know what I did to make this finally work. I’ve been looking for a decent way of fitting press-studs for things like boot covers. I’d tried the standard manual tap-and-hope tools that are supplied with the car and with SoftBitsForSevens kits. But that always seemed…
While I’ve been writing articles for the Caterham and Lost Seven Club’s Lowflying magazine, and doing a few Instagram and Facebook posts, I’ve not got around to creating the kick-off video for the Electric Seven Conversion project for Youtube, until now. I’m not really expecting this video to set the world alight, but it’s necessary…
Another article in Lowflying for December 2022. This is part 2 of a multi-part series and is a cut down version of this post: